Wednesday, November 28, 2012
DEMOCRACY IN ACTION
I feel a bit shaky because I just got off the phone with the offices of Congressman Daniel Webster and senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio. It was my first time ever calling a government office to express support for a bill, and I was so nervous! Dumb. But very cool to play a small role in the workings of government, and I truly support the bills about which I was calling: the Family Act and the Making Adoption Affordable Act.
Big props to Keiko Zoll of The Infertility Voice for advocating for these bills and making it so easy to show my support. Click here to read her excellent summary of what these bills are and what they'll do if they pass. She also gives easy steps on how YOU TOO can voice your support. Many of you feel lost as to how to help me -- this is your chance to do something that could make a real difference in my fertility journey!
Via Keiko: Tuesday through Thursday of this week, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association is hosting a Congressional Call Week. Helping to support The Family Act and saving the Adoption Tax Credit is as easy as picking up the phone.
It took me about 15 minutes to make my calls. (I emailed too. Gold star.) Many thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment