I'm in a slump, ladies. Here are some positive things I could have done over the past three days:
- plan a girls' wine night
- exercise in any way, shape or form
- find out if our insurance covers Prometrium
- research a trip to Bolivia that Philip and I not only really want to take to visit our sponsored child, but also feel spiritually compelled to take
- write an important letter to our (former) vet about their utter neglect of our cat, Abbi, who almost died three weeks ago
- write a heartfelt blog essay about my longtime status as sheer, unmitigated, all-out cat person, and what almost losing Abbi taught me about gratitude and the depths of my love for a creature in my care
Here's what I actually did:
- Ate a full-size bag of potato chips, a movie-theater-size bag of Raisinets, and exactly15 Archer Farms Simply Balanced fruit strips (please note: They are no longer "simply balanced" when you eat 15 in three days.)
- Wandered around Target and bought five pairs of underwear, as well as black jeggings, for no reason in particular
- Re-watched The Scene in this week's New Girl episode (in which ***SPOILER ALERT*** Nick and Jess finally kiss) so many times that I lost count
- read an 11-year-old message-board thread about successful IUI stories
Sigh, I truly can be pathetic sometimes. On the upside, I did bake a quiche for my friend whose dog passed away, so I haven't been a total waste of space.
I just couldn't bring myself to do any of those positive things these last few days. I don't even know why. I mean, I can point to some circumstances that aren't ideal lately (I'm on my period; my cat nearly died; we're taking a break from fertility treatments because we just spent obscene amounts of money on three cat surgeries and a weeklong stay at the animal hospital).
But I don't even know if it's that. I'm just down. Unmotivated. I came out of the gate in 2013 with all this optimism about how I was going to live life to the full this year, no matter what. And now I've lost all my momentum and just want to watch Downton Abbey in my sweat pants while scarfing down loaves of zucchini bread (I may have done that over the weekend).
I do need to find a spark of life, somehow. Hopefully February will bring brighter days.
2 comments:
Well, it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who's a total waste of space sometimes. I feel like that more than I like to admit. Here's to turning a corner. :)
Poor Abbi, I hope she is doing okay now!
Zucchini bread is delicious. I like to think I can eat it in large quantities because zucchini is in it, therefore it's healthy ;P
Post a Comment